If you get a warning like chmod(): Operation not permitted
You can use the ftp_site() function to send a CHMOD command through.
- $ftp_user_name = 'username';
- $ftp_user_pass = 'password';
- $ftp_server = 'ftp.server.com';
- $connect = ftp_connect($ftp_server);
- if (!ftp_login($connect, $ftp_user_name, $ftp_user_pass)) die("Couldn't connect");
- @ftp_site($connect, 'CHMOD 0777 /public_html/folder_to_chmod/');
- ... some process ... maybe upload ...
- @ftp_site($connect, 'CHMOD 0755 /public_html/folder_to_chmod/');
Remember this is just example, improve it yourself.
Hope this helps someone. You might need this solution if you are on a shared server.